I came across this ‘poem’ the other day and thought it worth sharing.
10 Principles of Knitting
1. It’s all about the awesome yarn choices. Simple stitches & patterns create gorgeous pieces.
2. Strive to relax and have fun. Do not strive for perfection.
3. Be clever & daring. Take a risk!
4. Every mistake can be fixed.
5. Swatch, swatch, swatch.
6. Set goals, not deadlines.
7. Never stop learning.
8. Share the legacy, teach someone to knit.
9. Put your signature on each gift.
10. Knit with love.
At iknit this week……
If Brenda was knitting this scarf for herself she would have used black. Breaking up the pink with the multi pastel – a nice gift for her mum.
I’m halfway through the yoke on my cardi now and hope to get it finished over the next few days. It’s a light garment on the needle and sooo soft. It’s about now, when I’m almost finished, the doubts start – will all be well when it’s done? hmmmm
Raewyn showed us her (not-sure-what) experiment with lace knitting. Using stitch markers (crafted by Raewyn) to mark the lace panels is an easy way to keep tabs on tricky design repeats.
Almost over the finish line! All that remains to be done is sewing on the second sleeve and crochet detailing round the neck edge…..and yes, there were hints of a ‘reveal’ next week, Raewyn may model her creation for us……watch this space.
Wendy completed and attached the collar to her vest tonight and it’s looking great. Because the yarn used is a combo of possum, alpaca, and merino, the vest feels amazing. Here’s hoping she’ll be wearing it next week, can’t wait to see it!